Welcome to the new T5R Website. A lot has changed since my last Website
update over a year ago. I had to sit down and make a lot of very hard choices
about the direction and future of the Thunder 5 Ranch. So indeed a lot has
changed as these choices were made.
1. The CSA/T5R Members club as it was is not coming back. There will be a new
CSA Model in 2018 but nothing like the old one.
2. Retail Packages of Pork and Poultry will be available in limited amounts. I will
have bulk packages available but we are talking 20-25 pound shoulders, whole
sides that can weigh up to 25 pounds and ground pork packages in 5# and 10#
bulk bags. Or packages of 30 pork chops instead of 2 per package.
3. Whole and Half Hogs have always been the better option both for getting cuts
custom and exactly what you want and price wise. I typically have groups of
butcher hogs finishing every 3-4 Months. A much better deal for the customer
and a lot less complicated for me than the Meat CSA was.
4. The Gardens and Produce I have been shrinking the gardens back since
before I got sick in 2016, just too much work for one man in prime health, let
alone a guy looking at 2-4 more years before he is back in prime form. So the
final decision I made was to cut the veggies back to 1 acre, the greenhouse
and the high tunnel. Most of that will e going through the see #5.
5. The New T5R Chuck Wagon BIG, Red and Black and Ready to attack. It is a
complete kitchen on wheels, that shoots a Screen house with a smoker, grill,
fryers and a flat top grill out the back. With 4 tents worth of market and
festival seating for 32. And Seating for up to 80 folks at parties and private
Thunder 5 Ranch
11141 County Road 300 E, McLeansboro IL. 62859